Friday, January 04, 2019

Remembering Billy Connolly 

I think many of us have a greater sense of our own mortality sometimes.


Watching the second part of the Billy Connolly documentary - Made in Scotland - just made me glad, proud, grateful and pleased all at once. I’m sure I’m not the only one here glad to have seen him at least once. 


His frustration that he can’t see as well, remember as well or move as well as he used to is not just part of Parkinson’s Disease but of getting older. A marvellous all round entertainer, his description of life and his love for Scotland and Glasgow in particular was glorious. He is sharing his experiences while he still can. 


It’s a lesson we can all learn. Thank you Billy Connolly, for everything x

1 comment:

  1. He made me laugh so hard I could barely catch my breath and I always felt he was one of the really good guys. Not just as a comedian but as a human. It’s amazing he can share this journey with us even as he suffers. I hope it brings great awareness to the illness.
    Cara

    ReplyDelete